With auburn leaves and crisp autumn mornings in front of us – it’s time to hunker down, throw on a sweater, and break out a recipe to prep for hibernation. But Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking just won’t get the job done this time. 2020 has proved to be a hellscape with no end in sight, and we require dishes that will lift us up and knock us out!
A buffet of grade-A cannabis edibles can do exactly that, and we’ve compiled a list of DIY edibles that will make your mouth water and your eyelids heavy. But before we eat away our sorrows, there are a few basic pillars of DIY edibles that must be addressed.
The Basics of DIY Edibles
1. Decarbing Your Weed
While it’s no filet mignon, and you most likely won’t be gobbling down plain decarbed pot anytime soon – decarbing your weed is essential in ensuring your DIY edibles have the potent effects that every stoner is looking for.
What Does it Mean to Decarb Your Weed?
In short, decarboxylating your weed ensures your flower is psychoactive, or high-inducing. Applying heat to your cannabis converts THC-A into weed’s primary psychoactive compound – THC, thus “activating” it. To decarb your bud and prep it to be included in some delicious recipes, follow the link above.
2. How to Make Cannabutter
Now that your pot is decarbed and your stomach is growling, you’re only one step away from letting loose on a whole treasure trove of edible recipes. That step’s name: Infusion. Taking a beautiful, fat-based backbone of the culinary world and infusing it with THC is the most common way to integrate cannabis into your cooking. And what’s the infusion agent of choice? Butter, of course!
- 1 cup of butter
- 10 grams of ground, decarbed bud
- Over low heat, melt your butter in a saucepan. Be sure to not scorch the butter (if you’re worried, you can add up to a cup of water to help regulate heat).
- As the butter melts, add your decarbed marijuana. Stir well.
- Let the mixture simmer for 2-3 hours, maintaining a low heat. Keep the mixture at a temperature between 160 and 200 degrees F.
- When the butter cools a bit, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth to remove the bud scraps.
- Refrigerate or freeze the strained butter until it’s solidified.
3. How to Make Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil
Cannabis-infused olive oil is a healthier, plant-based method for adding a psychoactive kick to your dishes. Like butter, oil is 100% fat. However, olive oil has less saturated fat and no cholesterol, so if you’re looking for a health-conscious way to eat food and get high – olive oil is the way to go!
4. How to Make Cannabis-Infused Nut Butter
While high-class culinary innovation has its place in the cannabis culture, sometimes people just want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. If you’re one of those people, cannabis-infused nut butter can be what takes your sandwich from elementary school to “higher” education.
5. How to Make Weed Tinctures
Tinctures offer a clean simplicity that the other options we’ve discussed can’t live up to. Using alcohol to leech the THC from the flower, tinctures become a liquid cannabis concentrate. And unlike with cannabis olive oil or cannabutter, you won’t look insane trying to ingest a tincture on its own. Generally, tinctures are ingested by dropping a few drops of the concentrate under your tongue, but they can also be used to create a variety of edibles, including ice creams, cocktails, and candy!
DIY Edibles: Wake and Bakes
6. Cannabis-Infused Peaches and Biscuit Recipe
You can’t go wrong with a home cooked, Southern style meal. This quick and easy cannabis-boosted breakfast pairs sugar and cannabutter-coated peaches, crunchy pecans, and warm biscuits to make a flavor combination that tastes like home and feels like heaven.
7. Cannabis Blueberry Biscuits
If peaches and biscuits didn’t make your stomach rumble and your eyes red, maybe some blueberries will do the job! These medicated mixtures of fresh fruit, flaky biscuits, sugary glaze will put all of the best parts of Panera and pot into the same warm, crumbly package.
8. Cannabis-Infused Banana Coconut Pancakes
It’s like IHOP, but it gets you stoned – and there aren’t creepy men staring at you from the booth in the corner. In any case, these banana coconut pancakes manage to feel both high-class and homestyle in every fluffy bite.
9. ‘Toasted’ Toaster Strudels
Toaster Strudels walk the fine line between warm nostalgia and wake and bake paradise. Whether you’re sticking with the classic Cream Cheese and Strawberry or venturing to the uncharted areas of Wildberry and Boston Cream Pie, you’re going to wind up in a happy place. Add a cannabis glaze to the top and happy becomes an understatement!
- 4 Toaster Strudels
- ⅓ cup of melted cannabutter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla
- 4-6 tablespoons of milk
- Combine cannabutter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk in a bowl. Stir until thoroughly mixed until a glaze.
- Place Toaster Strudels in a toaster, on your preferred toaster setting.
- Once the Toaster Strudels pop up, transfer the pastries to a plate. Coat the pastries in your cannabis glaze.
10. Cannabis Bacon
The smells and sounds of sizzling bacon make any morning a happy one. And just when mankind was convinced bacon was perfect already, someone had the brilliant idea of adding weed to the mix. This recipe utilizes cannabis flour, which is extremely easy to make. Simply mix 8 grams of finely ground, decarbed bud with 1 cup of all purpose flour. Just like that, you have another base to create an infinite amount of cannabis creations!
11. Marijuana Hash Brown Potatoes
You can prepare potatoes in a variety of fashions – fries, tots, mash, gnocchi, pancakes. Any way you’re making them, you’re making magic too. And that sentiment has never been truer than when you’re making marijuana hash brown potatoes – the only hash browns that puts McDonalds’s to shame.
12. Cannabis Belgian Waffle
Ranking among Belgian Beers and Belgian Chocolates, Belgian Waffles may be the greatest export that Belgium has today. The only difference here is that this fluffy fella has taken a quick stop in Amsterdam as well!
13. Marijuana French Toast
After spending some time in Belgium, why not enjoy the perks of France? This dish uses your cannabutter to add to the already delectable lineup of golden brown toast, creamy chocolate sauce and thick syrup. If you want to indulge with your edible wake and bake, check out this recipe.
14. Cannabis Coffee
Caffeine and cannabis pair together to pack quite a punch! This mug carries both morning essentials: a steamy cup of dark roast and the calming buzz of a wake and bake. This combination changes mornings and edibles forever.
15. Marijuana Tea
If coffee isn’t your thing but you still enjoy a hot beverage and a calm high in the morning, marijuana tea is probably your speed. The best part of this recipe is its simplicity. You just brew your tea as normal, adding a bit of cannabutter along with your milk and honey. If you prefer tinctures, they do the trick as well!
DIY Edibles: Munchies
16. Ganja Guacamole
Avocados didn’t become the millennial food of choice for no reason. Their healthy fats support healthy living and boost brain function, so it’s only natural that we pair ‘em with pot! Chips and guac are proven party commodities, and this recipe delivers on that promise – along with many others! This link not only contains a ganja guacamole recipe, it includes cannabis-infused variations of wings, cheese dip, wings, and 7-layer dip as well!
17. Chocolate Chip Marijuana Cookies
Nothing brings the unfettered joy and excitement that a plate of warm chocolate cookies packs. But this recipe isn’t any old chewy Chips Ahoy. Buttery toffee, chopped walnuts, and some grade-A cannabutter transform momma’s classic cookie into a munchie for the ages.
18. Cannabis Maple Candy
Perhaps you’re in the mood for an even sweeter cannabis confection. This hard maple candy satisfies any sweet tooth, and it offers a method of infusion that we haven’t seen so far on this recipe list – using maple syrup as the solvent, integrating decarbed weed directly into the product.
19. Cannabis Butterscotch Candy
Any ganja-loving granny should have a dish of these classic candies sitting on their coffee table. With kitchen basics like sugar and corn syrup, and helped out by some butterscotch flavoring and your favorite cannabis tincture, these candies are so good that you’ll have to set reminders to pace yourself!
20. Marijuana Rice Krispie Treats
Marijuana Rice Krispies act as another childhood favorite getting the famed marijuana treatment. And better yet – this recipe also includes microwave instructions, so you’ll be hearing “snap, crackle, pop” (as well as your high self’s innermost thoughts) in just a matter of minutes!
21. Marijuana Trail Mix
A bag of trail mix and a Sunday hike are the perfect ingredients to level your mind and connect you with nature. Make that a bag of marijuana trail mix, and those ingredients become infinitely more effective!
22. Marijuana Mac n’ Cheese Balls
Mac n’ cheese is arguably the quintessential American lunch. Throw weed into the equation and you’ve got a snack that will make stoners around the world unite in happy harmony. That’s not the only food that will, though. This Mac n’ cheese recipe also contains delicious cannabis-infused recipes for pretzels with cheese sauce, buffalo wings, and caprese!
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni shells or cavatappi
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar
- 6 bags of Fiery Hot TSUMo Snacks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add a generous sprinkling of salt.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a skillet or pot large enough to hold the pasta when it’s done. Add the flour to the butter and stir over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned; 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk and whisk to remove any lumps and add the salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble. (About 6 minutes).
- Stir in the cheese and whisk until smooth and melted. Turn off the heat.
- When the pasta is almost done but still firm, drain it and add to the sauce.
- Smash all 6 bags of Fiery Hot TSUMo Snacks into little crunchy bits.
- Sprinkle about 2 bags of the Fiery Hot dust on top and bake for 20-25 min. in a buttered dish (or an 8×8 pan works pretty well)
- Let the TSUMo Mac set, and add the remaining 4 bags of Fiery Hot dust.
23. Ganja Garlic Parmesan Popcorn
The only combination that rivals movies and popcorn is movies and marijuana. Combine all three, and prepare for liftoff to a cinematic wonderland!
- 1 cup of popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon of freshly grated black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Melt cannabutter over medium heat. Toss in the minced garlic and cook for about a minute. Set aside for later.
- Warm up vegetable oil in a large pot over high heat. When oil is hot and jumpy, add your popcorn kernels and lid the pot. Cook for about a minute.
- After a minute, start shimmying the pot over the burner to encourage maximum poppage. Once you hear the popping teeter out (generally 4-5 minutes), remove the popcorn from heat.
- Transfer the hot popcorn into a bowl and coat it in the buttery garlic mixture. Then sprinkle the popcorn with the parmesan, freshly grated black pepper, and salt. Toss to thoroughly coat.
24. Jalapeno Pot Poppers
Bring bar food into your own kitchen, and turn it into bud food! Jalapeno pot poppers are the medicated munchies that satisfy you now then get you hungry again for later. These spicy treats put a new, vegan twist on the popper though – filling the peppers with peanut butter instead of cheese. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it!
25. Strawberry Marijuana Muffin
It’s only right to end the munchies with a classic baked good that will leave you baked, good. Strawberry muffins don’t need much improving to begin with, but adding marijuana just makes things unfair for the other snacks. Sadly, they never stood a chance with these muffins around.
DIY Edibles: Medicated Main Courses
26. Crispy Seared Cannabis Chicken
This crispy, juicy culinary treat packs your protein and your pot in every bite. Some garlic, chicken stock, and good helping of your cannabis-infused olive oil makes a deliciously rich sauce that pairs with the chicken perfectly.
27. Cannabutter Shrimp and Grits
Everybody needs a bit of comfort every once in a while, and this comfort food will bring your spirits up in more ways than one! Cannabutter shrimp and cheesy grits is a homestyle family recipe packed with boisterous flavors and a wonderful high that will leave you feeling “comfortable” for hours after you’ve cleaned your plate.
28. Fennel and Radish Salad with Cannabis Oil
Add a drizzle of cannabis oil dressing, and a fresh spring salad becomes appropriate for all seasons. Light, earthy, crisp, bright – this fennel and radish salad has every attribute that an eager veggie lover is looking for. Then, the cannabis-infused oil, lemon, salt and pepper dressing brings “plant-based” to a whole new level.
29. Marijuana Fettuccini Alfredo
Harvard and MIT lab scientists just released a new study researching what variables contribute to couch lock the most. Without a doubt, the two leading causes were pot and pasta. Those scientists followed up their research by creating this marijuana Fettuccini Alfredo recipe, a concoction that may leave you couch locked forever.
30. Garlic Budder Italian Beef Sandwiches
Kick back, turn on the football game, and get stoned with this tasty Chicago favorite. The proof’s between the slices – this indulgent Italian beef can satisfy just about any stoner’s cravings.
INGREDIENTS (Prepares 8 Hoagies):
- 3-4 Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 package of Italian salad dressing mix
- 13-16 oz. of beef broth
- Italian Giardiniera, to taste
- 8 Turano or Gonnella rolls
- 8 tablespoons of Cannabutter
- 4 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 16 slices of Provolone cheese
- Put the chuck roast, beef broth, and Italian salad dressing mix in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Halfway through the cook time, remove the roast to shred beef, adding back to the slow cooker after shredding.
- Prepare the rolls. Slice the rolls, spread cannabutter on both halves of the bread, and sprinkle garlic powder atop. Place the cheese on top of the buttery goodness – two slices per roll.
- Bake the rolls in the oven until they turn into a melty, cheesy paradise.
- Construct the sandwiches. Pile on heaps of shredded beef, and top with Italian Giardiniera to taste.
31. Marijuana Pot Pie
A good pot pie can do great things. The flaky crust, the tender chicken, the hearty filling – it’s a combination that can inspire genius and ignite movements! Putting cannabutter on the ingredients list is just a surefire way to amplify those effects and make this homestyle meal into a high-style meal.
32. Cannabis Crusted Salmon
Cannabis crusted salmon is a dish that plays on multiple altitudes. The fresh salmon steaks will make you feel like you’re swimming at sea level, but the infusion of cannabis will lift you up to the clouds. This dish manages to incorporate cannabis in three ways – in the crushed marijuana trail mix and ground cannabis crust as well as the cannabutter that the fish is basted in.
33. Cannabis Chicken Enchiladas
Mexican food and marijuana go together like Cheech and Chong. But there’s only so many times you can go through the Taco Bell drive thru before your stomach cries and your scale breaks. A quick and easy at-home alternative are these chicken enchiladas that do the work for you, packing precious THC into every inch of their tortillas.
34. BBQ Ribs with Marijuana Sauce
Dinner in front of the TV screen during the big game is an American cornerstone, and you can’t go wrong with ribs. But if you’d prefer a BBQ burger or some smoky chicken – you’re in luck! There are a couple of recipes for some delicious cannabis-infused barbeque sauce that can be used for a variety of dishes.
35. Bud Buffalo Wings
If barbeque sauce doesn’t get it done for you but you’re still craving a game day dinner, there isn’t a better choice than crispy, spicy, juicy buffalo wings. The only way to make this Sunday football feast more appealing is to make the buffalo sauce with cannabutter!
DIY Edibles: Fall Food Favorites
36. Ganja Green Bean Casserole
Green bean casserole is the dark horse of the Fall food family. Just when you think the apple pie or mashed potatoes have won the day, the green bean casserole swoops in to become your favorite meal. If the garlic, green beans, and onions don’t convince you – the cannabutter will surely do the trick!
37. Stoner Stuffing
Although stuffing’s time to shine is surely Thanksgiving day, this carb load predates the inaugural Thanksgiving by several thousand years. As with all things that have stood against the sands of time, stuffing has changed and adapted. The newest evolution: Stoner Stuffing! Let us all celebrate like the pilgrims did hundreds of years ago.
38. Cannabis Caramel Candy Apple
A shiny candy apple, coated in caramel and peanuts lives in the pockets of our childhood hearts as well as the Fall Foods Hall of Fame. Make it a caramel of the cannabis variety, and childhood classic gets that much better.
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 4 wooden sticks
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 cups of chopped peanuts
- Dissolve the sugar in the water in a saucepan over medium heat. When the dissolved mixture begins to bubble, increase the heat – bringing the mixture to a slight boil. Let the mixture turn to a beautiful fall amber (usually 5-6 minutes).
- Remove the mixture from heat and gingerly add the cream, mixing as you go. Once it’s well mixed, add your cannabutter, salt, and vanilla as you continue stirring.
- Transfer the caramel into a bowl and place it in the refrigerator, allowing it to cool.
- Drive the wooden sticks through the core of the apples, as if they’re spooky Halloween vampires.
- Dip the apples in the caramel sauce, coating completely. Roll the caramel apples in the peanuts.
39. Buddernut Squash Soup
Nothing combats the cold weather quite like a warm bowl of autumn-inspired soup. And we’re in luck, because fresh butternut squash is in season, and it makes some of the best soup that Fall can offer. The only thing that can make this dish even better for a cool autumn evening is the cozy buzz that cannabis brings.
40. Pot Pumpkin Pie
There aren’t many people on this globe that would turn down a slice of homemade pumpkin pie. It’s arguably the food figurehead of the season – with no Thanksgiving dinner feeling complete without it. But if you want to turn your Thanksgiving dinner into a Thanksgiving party, you don’t have to look any further than this pot pumpkin pie recipe.
41. Thanksgiving Day Marijuana Turkey
Sure, you can have cannabis-infused pie, stuffing, soup – whatever sides you please! But the best way to get high on Turkey Day is to infuse the bird itself! By injecting and basting your turkey with your most potent cannabutter, you’re transforming Thanksgiving into Danksgiving.
42. Ganja Gravy
During the months of September to December, gravy becomes more essential to life than water. And if you’re wanting to medicate your Thanksgiving dinner but don’t want to use your cannabutter for everything, infusing your gravy can be the solution. Heck, you’re going to drown everything in it anyways!
Find Cannabis & CBD Coupons here... Share: